VMware Communities
AIRINC
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare Fusion compatible with Mac Pro Apple RAID 5?

I intend to get a Mac Pro with the fastest processor available combined with 4GB of RAM and 1TB of SCSI 15,000 RPM disk space configured as a RAID 5 with a 1TB external back up drive. My problem has been that I have read that the Apple RAID 5 configuration will not allow me to use Parallels or Boot Camp. I have many programs that must run under Windows so if the RAID configuration precludes my using Windows XP I might have to scrap the Apple system.

Please advise if VMWare Fusion is compatible with a Mac Pro using Apple RAID 5 for running Windows XP Pro. I am looking to complete this project within the next 10 days, so your quick response is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

While you may not be ablt to use Boot Camp under that condition I don't see how it would stop you from running Fusion and creating a normal files based Virtual Machine. Keep in mind that if you need full native access to the hardware under Windows then a normal file based Virtual Machine does not provide for that.

0 Kudos
AIRINC
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply...

I only need to run XP Professional under Fusion to utilize Internet Explorer 7 for accessing Remote Web Workplace, which is a Windows Server portal for remotely accessing a Windows XP Professional Desktop. I may need to print documents locally.

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Then you should do fine with just Fusion and a normal file based Virtual Machine and no Boot Camp.

0 Kudos