VMware Communities
manfredell
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMWare Fusion broken by MacBook Pro Software Update 1.0?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
andriven
Contributor
Contributor

No problems with it here on a brand new 2.2 Ghz MacBook Pro.

0 Kudos
JimVan
Contributor
Contributor

Eek. I just updated last night to fix my unresponsive keyboard problem and now i have this. Bummer. That sounds exactly like what is going on now.

0 Kudos
BP9906
Expert
Expert

That article is sooo old. Back in August, lots has changed since then. Make sure you're running Fusion 1.1 and you'll be fine.

0 Kudos
JimVan
Contributor
Contributor

Well those are the symptoms my machine was experiencing today running fusion 1.1 after installing the macbook pro update 1.1

I tried clearing the kext cache as the article suggested. I will be back if the problem continues; otherwise you may assume things are once again hunky dory.

0 Kudos
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal

I have access to two MacBook Pros that I've applied the 1.1 "keyboard" update to, one Core Duo and one pre-SR Core2 Duo with no problems. It's possible cached kernel extensions may need refreshing after an update but this update is not conflicting with Fusion 100% of the time. This isn't a scientific sample, but I think a lot more people would be posting about problems here. I always run a Disk Utility permission check before rebooting after applying fixes (to avoid past issues) and I verify my disk about once a week to catch any latent disk errors.

0 Kudos