VMware Communities
TECH198
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

VMWare Fusion beachballs

I'm running Mojave  10.14.6, VMWare Fusion 11.5.7, and the issue is anonying sometimes..

When you have a Finder window forefront, and VMWarae window in the background,, your intention to drag and drop to Finder window, passes over Fusion which autoatically grabs it with a "+" type icon in the corner... This is what i beleive is happening as bad..

Because my intention was to drag and drop to Finder window, not to Fusion.. As a result VMware grabbed focus, and an ndless beachball on the app.

Is there anyway out of this ?  I have background processes running and all networking activity are still running just fine, so its just visually app is frozen.. or do I have to kill *everything" interrupting also network activity. ?

Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 9.53.44 am.png

I dunno weather it would be possible but trigger window focus of fusioon "after" you realse button, not before, as i think that's why i got what i got.

Workaround i know would have been to d this in another space "mission control" on mac, but it was just an accident.. Didn't know it would beachball for the sake of simply dragging "over" the VMWare window.  I expected to also response at some stage, but nope... i've given it a good 15 minutes..

Reason why  wouldn't just want killl VWare, because i'm in the mist of downloading 15Gig, and network activity is still going in the background, so its just the app that's frozen.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

you can completely disable drag/drop in preferences, but that's probably overkill.

0 Kudos
TECH198
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I decided to just bite the bullet and force quit, but as it turns out force quitting VM and re-opening it returned visual, vm was working again.

Perhaps next time i may drag and drop in an area NOT on the same space... Lesson learnt

0 Kudos