VMware Communities
samH201110141
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMWare Fusion, Unity, OSX Lion, Windows 7 and no Toolbar

Hi,

I recently upgraded to OSX Lion. I run a 2009 MacBook Pro with 4GB RAM.

I tend to run Windows 7 64-bit in Unity mode, after logging in to Windows. Windows 7 is run from a Boot Camp partition.

I position the Windows Toolbar on the righthand side of the screen. When I was using Snow Leopard, the Windows Toolbar always appeared there when using Unity. Now, under Lion, the Windows Toolbar no longer appears anywhere.

I can still use Unity, by clicking on the Boot Camp icon on OSX's toolbar, but access to the Windows Toolbar would make life easier.

Has anyone else noticed this problem?

Regards

samH

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tracywang
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi Sam,

Gald to know that. Can you mark this thread as correct answer available? So that other people won't read full thread and go to the answer directly. And also I love my points increase. Smiley Wink Thank you

Tracy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
tracywang
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Do you mean Windows Taskbar?

If yes, go to Fusion menu, View, Show Taskbar in Unity.

0 Kudos
samH201110141
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Tracy,

Thanks, changing the Windows Taskbar setting in the Fusion Unity menu did the trick. That setting must have been reset when upgrading from Snow Leopard to Lion and I didn't think to check it.

So far, every thing else I use appears to work as before (I mainly use Windows to run sports software to handle data from a Garmin gps watch and to manage a Sony mp3 player).

Regards

samH

0 Kudos
tracywang
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi Sam,

Gald to know that. Can you mark this thread as correct answer available? So that other people won't read full thread and go to the answer directly. And also I love my points increase. Smiley Wink Thank you

Tracy

0 Kudos
samH201110141
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Tracy,

My question has been answered.

Thank you for your prompt attention.

regards

samH

0 Kudos