VMware Communities
jrkagan
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare Fusion Pro 11.0.0 non-responsive over VNC

- Host is macOS 10.14

- Guest is Windows 10 Pro x64 build 1803

- Hypervisor is VMWare Fusion Professional 11.0.0

- macOS Security & Privacy settings are already properly configured for VMWare Fusion

When using the computer locally, everything works as expected. But upon connecting to the host over VNC, the guest OS becomes non-responsive to keyboard and mouse input.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

You are not mentioning what you are using for VNC, or perhaps you are using the built-in VNC feature of Fusion?

Otherwise have a look at this:

https://help.realvnc.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016134372-Remote-access-to-macOS-10-14-Mojave-is-view-...

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
jrkagan
Contributor
Contributor

I am connecting to the Host via the VNC server built into macOS 10.14. VNC works as expected everywhere else, just not in the VMWare Fusion window.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Interesting.

It doesn't really help you, but I am using screen sharing here with a mac at the DC and have no issues accessing the VMs.

If the security&privacy -> accessibility option is already set then it should work.

But apparently not in your case. Sorry I have no other suggestions.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
MelvinLusk
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue, except my Mac Pro is running High Sierra.

If I connect to the Mac Pro using Apple Remote Management or VNC, I cannot use the mouse to control a Solaris11 VM.  I can still control the mouse locally, though.  The VM is running in Fusion Pro 11.

Interestingly, I have a VM running in Fusion that has the Catalina Beta installed, and the mouse works fine for that one.

0 Kudos
MelvinLusk
Contributor
Contributor

It appears to be strictly related to Solaris, as this works fine with a Windows XP VM.

0 Kudos
MelvinLusk
Contributor
Contributor

It also doesn't work with OS/2 Warp 4.

0 Kudos