VMware Communities
krawfo
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare Fusion Player Personal License Issue

I created a VMWare account  last month and downloaded & installed the Personal version.  It’s now telling me my trial period has ended.  I entered the Personal Use key shown in my account but it won’t accept it.  Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Just FYI, I do not work for VMware, so cannot resolve any license issues you have, I can however lend a hand helping to diagnose or point out what to do.

VMware Fusion 12.x should work with the personal license that you got from their website.
Beware that it does not work with earlier versions of VMware Fusion.

You need to be an admin, in order to be able to enter a license key as otherwise VMware Fusion cannot write the license details.

If none of that helps then you can try to download the latest version (just in case) here:
https://vmware.com/go/getfusion

If that still doesn't help then try getting a new license key (you might need another email address for that so you can register a license for it, not sure)

As a last resort you might try to open a ticket, but I somehow doubt that you can open a ticket without paying for a license first.

Hope this helps,
--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
krawfo
Contributor
Contributor

Wila,  thanks for the reply.  I got my issue sorted out via VMWare support but  I appreciate your suggestions.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Glad to hear that support helped you out and that the issue is resolved.

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos