VMware Communities
spinchb
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMWare Fusion MacOS 13.6, No internet while software is running

When I run VMWare Fusion, the internet on my MacOS 13.6 machine stops functioning. This has been happening since I installed Fusion. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it, recently updating the version to the latest. When I launch a Windows VM, there is no internet in the VM either. When I shutdown Fusion, the internet once again comes active on my computer. I tried adding VMWare to the MacOS Firewall, but this didn't help.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Shawn

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

Sounds like that there is a conflict in the configuration of Fusion and the host.
The easiest way to resolve that would be a complete removal (including configuration files) of VMware Fusion and re-install.
But in case you want to find more details...

what's the output of this command:

sudo /Applications/VMware\ Fusion.app/Contents/Library/vmnet-cli --status

edit: I'm off to bed here. See Technogeezer's post for a full manual uninstall --> https://communities.vmware.com/t5/VMware-Fusion-Discussions/SOS-mac-vmware-fusion-error-internal-err...

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

Is the VM using NAT or Bridged for the network settings?

If Bridged, try setting it to NAT and see if that helps.

You say "internet stop working when I run VMware Fusion".. does it stop functioning without running a VM or only after you start the VM?

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
0 Kudos
spinchb
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

The Internet on the machine stops when VMWare starts running without the VM running. Running the VM doesn't make difference. Quitting VMWare restores internet to the machine.

The VM is set for NAT.

Thank you for your thoughts!

Best,

Shawn

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

Sounds like that there is a conflict in the configuration of Fusion and the host.
The easiest way to resolve that would be a complete removal (including configuration files) of VMware Fusion and re-install.
But in case you want to find more details...

what's the output of this command:

sudo /Applications/VMware\ Fusion.app/Contents/Library/vmnet-cli --status

edit: I'm off to bed here. See Technogeezer's post for a full manual uninstall --> https://communities.vmware.com/t5/VMware-Fusion-Discussions/SOS-mac-vmware-fusion-error-internal-err...

--
Wil

0 Kudos
spinchb
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks! That's what I needed!

Cheers,

S.

0 Kudos