VMware Communities
dpev
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare Fusion / APFS issues...

Hiya,

I had a problem I posted a while back where I had a new (to me!) mac running High Sierra which I installed the VMWare Fusion 10 trial on but I could no longer install VMs on - I tried various versions of ubuntu installer DVD images and they'd all get missing / corrupt file problems. In the end it turned out that this appears to be due to high sierra converting the system drive to APFS...! When I re-tested using an external disk formatted with HFS it then worked properly.

As a result, I spent quite a few hours re-installing my machine back to HFS / Sierra so I could use VMWare properly again. Now, I can't find any public tech note or bug report about this to find out if it's still a problem or fixed - has anyone here experience the same problem and can say what the current state of affairs is? Im not keen on upgrading and then finding that I need to go through the process of rolling back again!

Thanks...

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

Haven't seen any other reports of that issue.  It shouldn't make any difference to the guest itself, unless there's something strange about the ISO image.  are you mounting the image or just drag/dropping into the new vm window?

0 Kudos