VMware Communities
boratt1599
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMWare Fusion 8

I'm trying to download an older version of VMWare Fusion (8.x), for an older MAC. I am registered and I had to google a link but it says "Content not available". Is there a link to download that version?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@boratt1599 

Did you try this? https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/downloads/details?downloadGroup=FUS-8510&productId=527

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@boratt1599 

Did you try this? https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/downloads/details?downloadGroup=FUS-8510&productId=527

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
boratt1599
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply. That download did work, however what I was attempting to do originally was use the personal license that was given with VMWare Fusion 12. The generated key doesn't work with the Fusion 8 download. Is there a way to get a personal license for Fusion 8, or is that just for VMWare fusion 12? Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Fusion 8 was a paid-only product, so the free personal use license wouldn't allow downgrading.

scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@boratt1599 

The concept of Fusion Player and it being free for personal use was new to Fusion 12.

All installations of Fusion 8 must be licensed with a purchased key, you could buy a Fusion 12 Pro license and downgrade it to give you a Fusion 8 key if you really wanted to.

boratt1599
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ah ok, no problem. I'm just using it for school, but I do have a windows machine capable of the free license, so I will default to that. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos