VMware Communities
wvolpe
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMWare Fusion 8.1 Dropping network connection in VM

I've upgraded from VMWare Fusion 7.1.2 to VMWare Fusion 8.1 and also upgraded my Vagrant VMWare Fusion plugin to the latest version. I'm able to successfully able to launch my CoreOS VM which is running docker containers successfully but the network is disconnection whenever I attempt to navigate to a website running within a docker container. We are using an Nginx container as a load balancer and whenever a local site on the vm is visited from our host machine, the entire VM drops it's network.

I've looked into different configurations for our Vagrantfile, but ultimately the issue has always persisted. I can't seem to find any duplicate issues of this problem on the forums or google and I'm out of ideas on what the problem is. Is there any way someone could help troubleshoot with me?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
5 Replies
nancyz
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hiwvolpe‌,

Welcome to Fusion forum.

When this issue happens, which network is your coreOS using, NAT or bridged? Is port forwarding enabled for your VM?

0 Kudos
wvolpe
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I believe that CoreOS is using NAT and yes port forwarding is enabled through our vagrant file.

0 Kudos
wvolpe
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Fusion 8.1.1 has just been released, and it looks like it resolves the issue of NAT crashing when port-forwarding is configured.  Try installing the update, and let us know if the problem is resolved for you.

VMware Fusion 8.1.1 Release Notes

Download VMware Fusion 8

Cheers,

--

Darius

0 Kudos
1gr8dane
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Upgrading to Fusion 8.1.1 fixed the same problem for me.Smiley Happy

0 Kudos