VMware Communities
srobadelic
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare Fusion 7.0.0 (2103067) Clipboard issues.. again

Had this issue with Fusion for Mac 5 and 6.  I requested and received a refund for 6 because they had no solution with 6 as I could see from the Discussions posted here and other web resources. After being extremely disappointed by the latest version of Parallels (for "Yosemite") due to ad popups, I am back to VMWare.. this time, I am trying with Fusion 7.. Back to the same Clipboard issue.. Current VMWare Client installed on the WIndows 7 VM. After a while, the Clipboard sharing fails.. For now, I am still on the 30 days demo, but I do not want to go and pay for this AGAIN until I know that they are actively working to resolve this.. For 3 whole versions this same issue with the clipboard sharing has persisted.  What gives?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
manman13
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Thx for using VMware Fusion !

As your word "After a while, the Clipboard sharing fails", I don't fully understand. So could you attach some more detailed message?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
srobadelic
Contributor
Contributor

Just do a search on here for the word "clipboard" or "clipboard sharing" you will see several people reporting it. I have had unresolved issues with Tech support for this, and they just kept asking me to turn on advanced logging. Core issue:

Copy text from guest environment to clipboard. Paste in Host. No worky. Happens either way. The clipboard breaks. Restart the guest system works, sometimes restart VMWare guest tools. Never stays. Has been happening since Fusion 5 and every guest tools version since.

Here is more.

Clipboard sharing VM -> Mac is erradic?

0 Kudos