VMware Communities
headkaze
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMWare Fusion 11 "Resource deadlock avoided"

Updated to VMWare Fusion 11 but can't start my Bootcamp VM. I get the error "Resource deadlock avoided".

Host machine is Mojave 10.14.1 running on APFS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
headkaze
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I downloaded VMware 11.0.1 and re-created my bootcamp VM and it boots now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
H0ffzy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

My Host Machine

MacOS High Sierra

Version 10.13.6

Mac Pro (mid 2012)

Processor 2 x 3.46 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon

Memory 128 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Startup Disk Macintosh HD (Samsung 850 PRO)

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8192 MB (EFI Flashed for Mac)

I get "Resource deadlock avoided" if I try to start up my bootcamp drive, or I get "Could not create the virtual disk for your Boot Camp virtual machine." If I try to create a new one. I tried reinstalling VMWare Fusion 10 and I have no issues. I jump back to VMWare Fusion 11 and I can't do anything. I spent a couple hours trouble shooting it. I think it has to do with SIP and /System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle based on the console.The console prints out "Bundle: <private>, key: Resource deadlock avoided, value: (null), table: ErrnoErrors, localizationName: (null), result: Resource deadlock avoided" and the VM never starts up. I have left the <private> in place because of sharing this online but needless to say its /System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle that it wants, when I force the log to show me all the values.

Jhunax
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Also have the same issue. Currently running on macOS Mojave. My Windows 10 was working fine on VMWare Fusion 10, but after I updated to VMware Fusion 11, my Windows 10 won't boot anymore, I'mg getting the same error, "Resource deadlock avoided"

0 Kudos
headkaze
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I downloaded VMware 11.0.1 and re-created my bootcamp VM and it boots now.

0 Kudos