VMware Communities
SunshineSD
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare Compatibility with Catalina and Older Windows OS Versions

I am running MacOS Catalina Version 10.15. Is there a virtualization software that will run on my computer?

Also, does VMWare support all Windows OS versions fairly comprehensively?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sunvmware1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello @SunshineSD 

-------------

If the Answer is helpful, please click "Mark as Correct Answer", this can be beneficial to other community members.

Moderator note:  link to article which violates forum TOS removed.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

VMware Fusion is the software which runs on a MacOS host.

The latest version is 13.0, you'll need to run a 12.x version on Catalina: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2088571

As your post needs moving to the area of the Communities for Fusion, I have reported it to the volunteer moderators.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@sunvmware1 

As it is a violation of the Apple EULA to run MacOS on non-Apple hardware, you shouldn't be posting links like that here.

Also, this post is about doing the opposite - running Windows VMs on MacOS with VMware Fusion.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos