VMware Communities
DanboC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMWare 2.0 mouse pointer and USB problems

Hi,

I've upgraded to VMWF 2.0 from 1.1.3, and I have been experiencing 2 problems:

1. Mouse pointer will either disappear or appear with the wrong icon when I switch from VMWare to a mac app and then back to fusion. So if I am in a word doc and the mouse pointer should be a carat then I will either see an arrow or the dammed mickey mouse finger. Anybody else experience this?

2. The second problem is to do with USB. I have a PC app that requires a USB dongle in order to run. If it does not detect the dongle, or fails to read from it then it will pop up an alert and stop me from using the program. This never happened under 1.1.3, but now it is happening ALL the time.

I'll appreciate any help!

D.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
7 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Dunno about the first question, but will try to address the second. I assume you've connected the dongle to the virtual machine, of course. Can you get a USB log as described in .

DanboC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your help.

As for the mouse pointer - I uninstalled VMWare Tools restarted then re-installed VMware Tools and restarted. That problem has seemed to go away. My mouse is no longer giving me the "finger". One thing though, after doing the uninstall and re-install I now have the "Safely remove hardware" icon which I did NOT have before. I read that this is normal but it is a pain as I now how 5 devices to safely remove (and I can't remove any of them).

The USB problem still persists. Attached is the requested log.

Thanks,

Daniel

Message was edited by: DanboC - Attachment removed.

0 Kudos
Neben
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Well, I don't see anything obvious in the log...

What is the specific device you're using? C-Media makes quite a few different devices.

C-Media\ USB\ Audio\ Device vid:0d8c pid:0008 path:10/15/2/2/1 speed:full family:audio,hid

You could try connecting the device to one of the ports on the machine rather than through any hubs.

DanboC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I don't know how this was fixed but it is. Maybe running in debug mode did it. I haven't changed a thing - the USB is still plugged in where it was and it is now working, so... thank you both.

D

0 Kudos
DanboC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The problem continued....

I am now back at 1.1.3.... all is well.

I do have a question through, what is all that junk in the virtual machine package?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The problem continued....

USB experts would like a USB log from 1.1.3 of the device working to compare the 2.0 log to.

0 Kudos