VMware Communities
MacChelsea
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare 1.1 Can't run Bootcamp w/ WinXP Pro

I've been using VMWare Fusion with my Bootcamp volume with Windows XP Pro installed, and so far I haven't got any problem up to RC1.1. Today I installed 1.1 and since then the Bootcamp volume cannot be used as a Virtual Machine. An error pops up and says "Can't connect to peered device" or something like that.

Then I boot into Windows using Bootcamp and uninstalled VMWare Tools, then I tried again on the Mac, but still it doesn't work, though the error message is changed to "Could not create the virtual disk for your Boot Camp virtual machine."

FYI, I'm using Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BP9906
Expert
Expert

I would try deleting the Bootcamp info in /Library/Application Support/VMware/Fusion/ folder. There should be a VMDK file in there. Once you delete it and restart Fusion, it should get re-created.

0 Kudos
MacChelsea
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your response. I have in fact deleted the whole /Library/Application Support/VMWare/Fusion folder and uninstalled VMWare and reinstalled it from scratch, but to no avail. Sorry for not pointing that out earlier.

0 Kudos
phreak9i6
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issues with a fresh install of osx 10.5, vmware 1.1, and Vista

0 Kudos
CpT_Munich
Contributor
Contributor

I'm encountering quite similiar problems!

I'm running Boot Camp 1.3beta on my MBook Pro.

Today I installed the trial Version of Fusion. Although it does recognise my boot camp, it cannot run a VM with it.

After clicking run I always get the following error message: "A failure occured during processing. An unknown error occurd..."

This sucks pretty badly, as I am supposed to test fusion for my boss, so that we can determine wether we will buy a licence of Fusion or rely on boot camp.

Best wishes

0 Kudos