VMware Communities
Nickd88
Contributor
Contributor

VMWARE FUSION 5.0 + WINDOWS 7 + World of Warcraft Cursor Bug

Hi guys,

Im quite new with using virtual machines, but i got mine up and running running Windows 7 Home Premium X64 smoothly... I need to do so because I run World of Warcraft on a personal server which isnt available for Mac OSX yet.

Anyways.... I got the game installed and all is fine except when i left of right click in the game and move my mouse (looking around / moving camera) it goes with a super high speed that it is not doable.

I've looked on the forums and google as wel and found many different issues and solutions but the ones I tried had no succes at all.

- I added the (mks.noHostCursor="TRUE") in my config...

- I installed my original mouse (trust) drivers

- Tweaked the cursor speed in OSX and W7 (altho I guess this has nothing to do with it, besides looking or moving the camera around the speed is just fine)

If any of you guys could help me out it would be much appreciated and If you need any more info please do let me know.

Thx!

Nick

0 Kudos
2 Replies
avanish321
Expert
Expert

you may have to check the mouse settings in the Game itself. ( usually under controls  settings ).  It doesnt look like the issue is related to Fusion in this case.

-----------

Appears its an issue in WOW. Several users have posted few fixes which involves installing an addon / editing the config file of the game and setting a mouse sensitivity of .2

Google it.

Message was edited by: avanish

Cheers! Avanish
0 Kudos
jshakerley
Contributor
Contributor

I think this IS a VMWare problem, because I've had the same problem with all of my games too - and I've tried with various windows OSs but it doesn't seem to make a difference.  Same problem with the new v.6 too.

0 Kudos