VMware Communities
wazzamatazz
Contributor
Contributor

VMAudio device in Vista does not work when USB headset is plugged in

Hi,

I'm currently running VMware Fusion 2.0.5 on Leopard 10.5.8 (Unibody MBP 15") and have been encountering some strange audio issues with my Vista VM (Vista Ultimate 32-bit). I have audio connected, with the VM configured to use the OS X sound device. This works fine when I am using the built-in speakers on the laptop. However, if I connect a USB headset (Logitech ClearChat Comfort), I find that the audio no longer plays, either through the laptop speakers or through the headset. When I go into the system audio settings, I can see that OS X is using the headset for audio input and output; iTunes happily plays music through the headset but Windows audio is no longer played.

If I connect the headset directly to the VM and change the Windows sound settings to use the headset rather than the VMware Audio device then I get sound through the headset but that means that I can't get OS X sound through the headset. I would expect that when I make the head set my preferred sound device in OS X that VMware should automagically start using it for my VM. Is there a settings that I have to configure somewhere to allow this?

Thanks in advance!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
0 Replies