VMware Communities
headlines
Contributor
Contributor

VM to VM connection

Hello!

Now I am stuck with the following problem: I am running a Windows program on two iMacs, each in a VM. Actually, it is the same VM cloned on both machines. The Windows program is a server and a client application which has to communicate one to the other, because both work with the same SQL Database on the server version of the program.

Briged or NAT, fixed IP or automatically set - I am making absolutely zero progress on this! Both Macs find each other just fine, but I cannot get from one VM into the other, not even close!

Does anyone have any pointers of where to look, or how to set up both VM´s?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

You can't simply copy Windows and have it work - at the least, each installation has what's supposed to be a unique identifier, the SID. If you copy a Windows virtual machine and want to use it at the same time on the same network, you need to change the SID

If this doesn't solve the problem, you need to provide more information about the setup, such as IP addresses. See for an idea of what is useful information.

0 Kudos
headlines
Contributor
Contributor

OK, that was the answer!

I changed the SID in one of the VM´s and now can network between the Windows guests on two Macs. I cannot get the network to work in NAT-mode, but briged it will run.

Thanks, etung!

0 Kudos