VMware Communities
fishnet37222
Contributor
Contributor

VM running in full-screen is missing window buttons

I've noticed that when I'm running a VM in full-screen mode on macOS Big Sur, the window buttons don't appear below the menu bar like they do with other apps running in full-screen mode.  In the image below, you'll see Firefox running in full-screen mode on top and a VMWare Fusion VM running in full-screen mode on the bottom.  With Firefox you can see the buttons that I've surrounded with a red rectangle.  The VM window, on the other hand, doesn't show those same buttons.

comparison.png

EDIT:

I don't know what changed, but I switched back to the VM window after submitting this post and the buttons were appearing as expected.  This post can be deleted.  I would do it myself, but I don't see an option to do so.

5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Only site administrators can currently delete threads, the best course of action would be to add a reply with your update text and mark that reply as the solution.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
HabibAz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I've got the same issue? I will try to solve it with switching from full screen to window mode and back. Maybe it helps...

0 Kudos
HabibAz
Contributor
Contributor

crazy... yes it helps. The issue is gone after switching from full screen to single window and back....

0 Kudos
ornatale
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same recurring issue. Quite annoying

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

If you mean real full screen mode, that's all controlled by apple.  If you're talking about maximizing the window, that's fusion.  If you've changed the UI accessibility settings (font/pointer sizes), it can cause problems like this.

0 Kudos