VMware Communities
pdxrealtor
Contributor
Contributor

VM and printer problem... I don't understand the solution and can't live without any longer

Maybe I am not understanding it because of my situation. I have a printer with built in wireless connection. I have diabled printer sharing in VM settings, and set the network to bridged but have no idea where to go from here..

0 Kudos
3 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

When changing the Virtual Machine's Network from NAT to Bridged if done while the Virtual Machine is running you need to release/renew it IP Address. Rebooting the Virtual Machine will do this or you can toggle the State of the Network as in Disconnect/Wait 5 seconds/Connect using the Network icon on the Status Bar.

Anyway once your Virtual Machine is properly connected to your LAN then just install the Printer as you would on any physical Windows machine. It's just that simple! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
pdxrealtor
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks... going to try that in about an hour. Everything is ready to go I just need to fiddle with the install! Thanks again!

0 Kudos
pdxrealtor
Contributor
Contributor

Got it working... thanks a million.

So what is the down side to having things setup this way vs. the pass through way??

0 Kudos