VMware Communities
erastuscoetzee
Contributor
Contributor

VM WHare puts windows in resume state

I wounder if some one can help me.  I upgraded my Mac software with latest release etc. Mac software etc is working 100% and vmware starts 100%.

When it starts windows 7 it is trying to "resume " windows 7.

All options for restart etc in the drop down menu's are light grey and I can not restart the windows software.

When windows is "trying to resume" I get the following errors:

Unexpected signal: 10.

A log file is available in "/Users/erastuscoetzee/Documents/Virtual Machines.localized/Windows 7.vmwarevm/vmware.log".  A core file is available in "/cores/core.2491".  Please request support and include the contents of the log file and core file. 

To collect data to submit to VMware support, choose "Collect Support Information" from the Help menu.

You can also run "/Library/Application Support/VMware Fusion/vm-support.tool" directly.

We will respond on the basis of your support entitlement.

( I did do this but did not get any response from them)

The second pop up shows :

Cannot find a valid peer process to connect to

0 Kudos
1 Reply
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

(I've moved this post to the VMware Fusion forum, since your question is more about VMware Fusion than OS X itself.)

If you are still encountering this problem, please attach the "/Users/erastuscoetzee/Documents/Virtual Machines.localized/Windows 7.vmwarevm/vmware.log" file to a reply here.  (To attach a file, choose Use advanced editor in the top-right when composing your reply, then look underneath the compose window to select the file to attach.  Please don't copy-and-paste the logfile here!)

Thanks,

--

Darius

0 Kudos