VMware Communities
xiao9
Contributor
Contributor

VM Fusion 12 Big sur can't expand the VM disk

Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 12.40.56 PM.pngas the snapshot, I expand the disk in sharing to 161G, but log into the windows 10 in VM Fusion 12, it still shows the 60G size as the default.

who can help on that? Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Now use Windows disk tools (eg, Disk Management) to increase the C: partition, Fusion has done it’s part of the process.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
xiao9
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for the answer. is it a bug?  somebody can expand the VM disk in the VM hard disk setting.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Bug? No.

You need to tell Windows to increase the size of the C: partition. Fusion has made the disk bigger, now Windows needs to use the new space.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
david_09
Contributor
Contributor

@scott28tt wrote:

Bug? No.

You need to tell Windows to increase the size of the C: partition. Fusion has made the disk bigger, now Windows needs to use the new space.

Thanks for the update and quick reply. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread. Looking for the same concern.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos