VMware Communities
ppodolec
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VM Fusion 10.0.1 and Black Screen

I have VM Fusion 10.0.1, High Sierra 10.13.1 and Windows 7.  I have a black screen on Windows.  Our IT person has tried all he knows to do -- he said that my computer is not connected to ScreenConnect and hasn't been for the last 8 days -- about the same time I downloaded upgrade to High Sierra and downloaded some upgrades to Windows 7.  I don't know which it might be connected with.  It appears there have been a lot of people posting about black screens.  I tried to send a technical support request, but it says they do not support Fusion 10.0.1, which I find to be troubling, to say the least.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I, or my IT person, can do to allow me to get into Windows?  It is seriously impeding my ability to do my job.

Thank you for any assistance,

Patricia Podolec

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ppodolec
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I finally got Windows up and running!  The problem was with the Belkin USB dock (which I have had for several years!).  I disconnected that and got to the sign in screen (went through startup repair first).  I don't know why it just started to be a problem but it appears it was using too much power.  I found this addressed in an old MS support listing.  I used VM and black screen as my search terms.

Yea!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ppodolec
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I finally got Windows up and running!  The problem was with the Belkin USB dock (which I have had for several years!).  I disconnected that and got to the sign in screen (went through startup repair first).  I don't know why it just started to be a problem but it appears it was using too much power.  I found this addressed in an old MS support listing.  I used VM and black screen as my search terms.

Yea!

0 Kudos