VMware Communities
ntware
Contributor
Contributor

Using entire disk on Fusion

I have on my HD 2 partitions with MacOSX and Windows installed. I want to run windows from my Mac partition, and then tried the beta product Fusion that is the "VMWare for Mac". It runs fine, but I want to create a virtual machine that uses my entire disk so I can load the WindowsXP that is already installed on my HD without need to install it in a virtual drive. How can I do that?

thanks to all!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal

How are you currently running Windows off your second partition, Boot Camp?

Currently you can not what you're asking for i.e. run your copy of Windows XP off a host-based logical partition. Other VMware products allow this functionality, but it currently not available in Fusion. You should request this functionality from VMware through a support request so it is considered.

0 Kudos
ntware
Contributor
Contributor

I don't have an Apple Computer. I'm using MacOSX on my AMD Desktop "normal" PC. I use VMWare on my windows partition and it works fine loading the MacOS under Windows. I wish I could do that too inside MacOS using Fusion, since it is from the same company of VMWare. But you're saying to me that Fusion can't create Virtual Machines that uses the entire physical driver? If it's true, I can't load my Windows partition using Fusion, I only can create virtual disks and install a new Windows on them, but it's very "not-practical" since I already have a WindowsXP partition installed on my HD. . .

0 Kudos
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal

Be aware that you are publicly stating that you are running Apple's stolen intellectual property, which is probably illegal and maybe a pirated copy version OS X on your AMD box. Apple does NOT[/b] allow OS X to run on any hardware except their computers. Please consider buying a legal copy of the OS with their hardware or uninstalling your unauthorized copy.

Sorry to have to respond like this but I feel strongly about warning you that you are running a completely unsupportable configuration.

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

LOL!

Should I post a complaint, too? When I try to start a VM with Fusion, running in my OSX guest (under Player or Workstation), it's really slow... and the BIOS screen never paints! Smiley Wink

0 Kudos