VMware Communities
daltom
Contributor
Contributor

Using Quicken with Fusion

I've read some of the posts from people who are using Quicken for Windows via VMware fusion on a mac. I am curious if anyone has run into significant problems with installation or running the program that resulted in you not being able to use Quicken? Also, are there any tips/tricks you would recommend upon installation or running Quicken through Fusion that you learned through trial and error?

I have a new mac with Leopard (2 GB of RAM) and have not yet installed windows, so I just want to make sure I minimize the problems I experience when I make the move. It's seems clear to me that the Quicken for Mac 2007 is not a viable solution for Mac converts since a lot of data won't convert from Quicken for windows. I also get the sense that Intuit probably isn't focused on developing Quicken for Mac 2008, based on my contact with Intuit.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
todivefor
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I run Quicken 2005 in Windows XP with Fusion 1.1 (62573) on OSX 10.4.11 with no problems. I am running from a BC VM. Backup data to a shared folder on OSX. One of my main reasons for running Fusion. Just about time for me to upgrade my Quicken. Will stick with Windows version.

Macbook Air M1, Ventura 13.5, Fusion Player 2023 TP
0 Kudos
daltom
Contributor
Contributor

thanks - when you say you are running from a "BC VM," does that mean

0 Kudos
todivefor
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am running a virtual machine of my bootcamp partition.

Macbook Air M1, Ventura 13.5, Fusion Player 2023 TP
0 Kudos