VMware Communities
JEstrada
Contributor
Contributor

Upgrade from Fusion 1.1 to Fusion 3.0

I bought Fusion 2.0 from Amazon last year and they sent me media for Fusion 1.1. Since it had a free upgrade to 2.0, I did not care much. However, with Fusion 3, I'd like the upgrade path.

Is the upgrade path from Fusion 1.1 to 3.0 $39.99? What happens in my case?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Pat_Lee
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Any existing VMware Fusion user (1.x or 2.x) can upgrade to VMware Fusion 3 for $39.99 starting October 27th from the VMware Online Store.

So, you are covered.

Pat

0 Kudos
lugesm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

That's great news, Pat. I have purchased two copies of Fusion (1.1 & 2.0) for my two Macs, so I will upgrade both of them to 3.0.

0 Kudos
stevep21
Contributor
Contributor

I live in Australia and purchased what was described as Fusion 2.0 on the box etc in July 2009 andI registered it immediately with VMWare. I have since upgraded twice from 2.0 to 2.0.5 and then to 2.0.6. I have now tried to upgrade to Fusion 3.0 using the paid upgrade route but the VMWare upgrade system thinks that I only have Fusion 1.0 and won't let me upgrade as it states I do not have a product that is eligible for an upgrade to 3.0. I have submitted a WMWare Technical Support Request to get this sorted out. I am extremely angry that I cannot upgrade to version 3.0 more smoothly using the paid on-line upgrade option on the VMWare web site. Cheers, Steve

0 Kudos