VMware Communities
Journey
Contributor
Contributor

Upgrade error, "no eligible products to upgrade"

I was running a properly licensed version of VMWare Fusion 2 that has been registered in my VMWare Fusion account for a long time.

When I try to purchase the upgrade key I get the error:

"Our records indicate that you have no eligible registered products to upgrade. To complete your upgrade order, please register a compatible product."

When I try to run VMWare Fusion 3 for the first time it even indicates I can upgrade and provides me with the previous serial number.

In order to be able to run Windows as I need to, I decided to get a version 3 trial code, and I will purchase the upgrade when the above problem is resolved, but the trial registration code isn't being sent to me in e-mail even though I requested it over 2 hours ago.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
melmarizona
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same frustrating problem. I have a valid VMWare serial number (version 2). Want to buy the version 3 upgrade.. form says I don't have a valid version to upgrade. What is going on?

Help please.

0 Kudos
Journey
Contributor
Contributor

As a result of these problems (upgrade process not working, no trial key for interim being sent to me) I can't run critical software. It's ironic that VMWare can create a very complex program like Fusion to run Windows virtually on a Mac, but their infinitely simpler web IT system has these kinds of problems. As a former IT professional, this would be unacceptable at the companies I worked for.

Maybe the IT part was contracted out and programmers in India are scrambling to fix the problem.

0 Kudos
Paullie
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here. I logged a support case. In the meantime I got a demo key, but had to wait ~1hour for the Serial Number email.

0 Kudos
jantsuh
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem for me also. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Journey
Contributor
Contributor

It took 2 hours and 35 minutes to get my evaluation key that I can use until VMWare sorts out the upgrade problems with their web system.

I did call support and the person in India that I talked to said that they are aware of the problem.

0 Kudos