Cannot update on my MBA M1.. Trying to go from 13.0.1 to 13.0.2 it downloads ok, but cannot install: This is the message:
It stays that way. waited like 20 minutes, and refuses to budge. Almost looks like nits waiting for something else to complete, but can't
Bugger if i know... I have to "Force quit" to regain access to Fusion, but update not applied.. Any fix ?? Tried 3 or 4 times can can reproduce every time..
Website also not updated so even if i wanted to download new version, i could not...
So, this is the only path at this point.
Can you collect a "quick" support bundle for the VM after trying it once more, and then post that in a reply here.
Use Help > Collect Support Information > Quick
It sounds like there's a file locked somewhere, or permissions are messed up. Just to make sure:
- You've installed and are running fusion as an administrator account (not regular or guest)
- It's not a case-sensitive file system (you would have had to do this deliberately)
- Haven't used any third party 'optimization' or 'cleaning' utilities that fiddle with disk permissions (CCcleaner, Onyx, or MacKeeper)
- Haven't set a root password on the mac from terminal (rare)
- Haven't disabled SIP
- Have run a first aid in disk utility
- No corporate endpoint management software running, or antivirus software running
- Fusion is installed on the internal drive, and Fusion was originally installed to the default location (would have to be done deliberately)
- Have tried rebooting and then immediately update Fusion without doing anything else
If all that's true, you might try a clean install of Fusion.
If you do want to try a clean install, make sure you follow the instructions in KB article https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1017838 to the letter. It's not enough to uninstall Fusion by dragging the app to the trash. You must find and remove all files noted in the KB article, and that includes files/folders in:
Both places must be checked as instructed in the KB article.