VMware Communities
larsje
Contributor
Contributor

Unity doesn't work at all

Since I installed the beta, (MacPro, XP in a bootcamp partition) Unity has worked exactly twice and not worked about 50 times. It worked the very first time tried it, then it did nothing for about 10 tries, then all of a sudden it worked once and since then never again. When I have windows apps open in single screen or full screen mode and try to enter Unity, Windows and all open apps disappear, and the launcher shows up populated with some but not all apps, but nothing launches at all. When I doubleclick on an app in the launcher the launcher disappears and nothing happens. Sometimes I can get back to single window or full screen mode and the open apps are there and everything works, but Unity never works, and eventually I can't even get back into the other modes - it's as if windows is no longer running and the launcher shows up with nothing in it. since I can get nowhere, i quit Fusion, but then i hear the Windows sign off chime, so it must still be running somewhere and i just can't get to it. When it finally worked the second time, I had opened an app and entered full screen mode before switching. Thinking this was the answer, I didn't submit this problem, but now nothing gets me into unity, or maybe i am in Unity and just can't run anything.

Seems a little odd to me - any similar experiences out there and any suggestions?

Lars

0 Kudos
2 Replies
patwoods
Contributor
Contributor

AHA! Now I don't feel so crazy. I got it working temporarily myself. XP, image file (not boot camp). Gave up after everything 'disappeared' and I could not figure out how to get them back.... pretty much same symptoms.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

It regularly works for me - maybe not 100%, but close. You should definitely file a bug[/url] about this.

There are a bunch of reasons why Unity won't work with Beta 4 (non-XP, non-32-bit, non-upgraded tools), but it doesn't sound like any of them apply to you.

0 Kudos