VMware Communities
trodemaster
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Unity Application helpers not working..

I'm having problems with the little helper applets not functioning as expected. The two main applications I use from my guest are IE6 & outlook. For those two applications no helper applet is getting created. This means no dock icon to restore minimized windows and switching back to full screen often.

I have removed the applet files inside the applications folder of my vm to see if they would re-create themselves. The weird thing is apps I access for the first time create the applet just not IE and outlook.

Any ideas? This vm has been drug through all the beta's so I wouldn't be surprised if it needed some kind of clean out.

Guest info

32 bit XP SP2

no bootcamp

Yes I tried reinstalling tools

Blake-

0 Kudos
1 Reply
trodemaster
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Well after a second re-installation of vmware tools and reboot of my mac the helper applets are showing up again.

These things are working for the most part with one exception. Internally we are using a ticket management system that's an IE6 web application. The helpers launch part of the app but fail in launching the whole thing. So for now I just have to launch IE and then start it from a bookmark.

Blake-

0 Kudos