VMware Communities
damian5117
Contributor
Contributor

Uninstalling Matlab from my Virtual Windows Machine

I am using VMWare Fusion and mirroring a Windows 10 64X environment on my Mac OS. I am attempting to Uninstall Matlab 2020 from the Windows environment. I keep getting the following error since the Uninstall program cannot find the C drive on the Virtual Machine. Please me know how to uninstall programs.

C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2020b\help\simulink\helpsearch\segments_k (The system cannot find the file specified)

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DurhamNeil
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Matlab doesn't know it's running on VMware, it just knows it's running on Windows. It's uninstall routine is the same as if it was on a physical windows machine. That means this query is for people who know about Matlab on windows rather than a VMware community.

Good luck though! 😄

VCP-DVC 2022 & CCNA
0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

Your error message is not saying it can’t find the C: drive. It is saying the uninstaller can’t find a specific file on the C: drive associated with the Matlab program. 

Fusion really has nothing to do with installation or removal of Windows programs.  I suggest you treat this as if it were occurring on a physical machine. I’d consult Mathworks resources for how to uninstall their products and what to do if the uninstaller fails. 

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos