VMware Communities
doerrstop
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Uninstalled 2.0 trial and email links still trying to open Fusion

I installed the VMWare 2.0 Fusion trial and set it up to open email links in Outlook to test it out. After deciding against it, I uninstalled Fusion but it still tries to open Fusion when I click any email link. How can I get rid of Fusion for good. I tried downloading the trial again but it won't let me since its been more than 30 days.

A screen shot of the VM its trying to open is attached.

Help please.

-Brian

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Fusion is gone, but OS X still thinks you want to open email links with Outlook - this doesn't really have anything to do with Fusion other than that Fusion changed the setting. You can change the default mail handler with something like RCDefaultApp.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Fusion is gone, but OS X still thinks you want to open email links with Outlook - this doesn't really have anything to do with Fusion other than that Fusion changed the setting. You can change the default mail handler with something like RCDefaultApp.

0 Kudos
doerrstop
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for the assistance. That was the issue. I am surprised that Fusion didn't revert changes it made when I ran the uninstaller but I'm happy it's now solved.

0 Kudos