VMware Communities
vmWareHelp2018
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to upgrade to Fusion Pro. Why is it so hard to try and upgrade !!

I have tried to upgrade my fusion to Pro 12

It tells me I need to register my VMware, which I have done

I have emailed support but only receive emails for links to upgrade. hum!!

You would think it would be easy not this hard, to give my money to VMware for an upgrade!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@vmWareHelp2018 

What version are you upgrading from?

Have you bought the upgrade and obtained your 12.x license key?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
evanbg
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem. I am have upgraded to Big Sur on my macbook. VMWare says that Fusion 11 does not work. I try to upgrade to Fusion 12 and neither of the URLs to get a licence key (paid or free) work! Great job

0 Kudos
vmWareHelp2018
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Scott.

I have had VMware for many years and every time VMware offers an update, I always upgrade and pay the additional cost.

Of course, I have the key otherwise it would be silly of me asking the question.

I am using VMware Fusion 12 and would like to upgrade to VMware Fusion 12 Pro. 

Every time I try to upgrade I have a message saying 

Quote Our records indicate that you have no registered products eligible for upgrade.

To complete your order, register an eligible product then try again."

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@vmWareHelp2018 

You don't say what version you already own, already have downloaded, and already have installed - hence the reason for me asking those questions.

"I am using VMware Fusion 12 and would like to upgrade to VMware Fusion 12 Pro" - does this mean you have Fusion 12 Player and you want to use Fusion 12 Pro? That wouldn't be classed as an upgrade - Fusion 11 to Fusion 12 Pro would be an example of an upgrade.

What is the newest version of Fusion that you have a license for?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
evanbg
Contributor
Contributor

I have a licence for the basic Fusion 11 (not pro) and was trying to update to Fusion 12 (not pro). However, when I installed I was, from memory,  offered the choice between "get a free licence for Fusion 12” or "buy a licence to Fusion 12 pro.”  Both links gave me an http error - page not found. The only way I could access my data was to trial Fusion 12 Pro, which I do not need.

How do I upgrade from Fusion 11  to Fusion 12 ?

Why do the URLs not work?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@evanbg 

There was no concept of “not Pro” with Fusion 11, there was only the full paid-for version so essentially it was Pro.

So the logical “upgrade” would be to Fusion 12 Pro, but you’ll need to buy an upgrade license.

If you don’t want to pay for the Fusion 11 > Fusion 12 Pro upgrade, install Fusion 12 Player and forget you ever had a Fusion 11 license.

0 Kudos
vmWareHelp2018
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Scott.

When I click into my info for my version this is what is showed 

VMware Fusion 12 

Version 12.1.0.

I would like to upgrade it to VMware Fusion 12 Pro. 

0 Kudos