VMware Communities
pmh
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to set/use altgr in Fusion's Keyboard and Mouse settings?

To type the | key on a French Mac one uses Option-Shift-L. On Windows one must use AltGR-§.

This key (among many others like "~", "[" & "]") has been forgotten in Fusion's "Enable Language Specific Keyboard Settings" in Fusion Preferences>Keyboard & Mouse. Needless to say, I need to type them and having to use the Windows keys is error-prone and a PITA.

So, I try to add it myself in a custom Keyboard & Mouse Profile.

First off, while one can add ones own keyboard shortcuts, there appears that there is no way to say the the shortcut is language specific. Is this possible?

Secondly, while I can see that Fusion can use AltGr in ITS shortcuts, there appears no way to do so for _me_. Alt-§ is NOT AltGr-§!!!

I am thus unable to add a shortcut on Optiol-Shift-L that will send AltGr-§.

Is there a file I can edit? I see that the .vmx file for my VM has the following:

keyboardAndMouseProfile = "52aca658-ff99-e35b-273c-9abb9d8a0d57"

52aca658-ff99-e35b-273c-9abb9d8a0d57 is certainly the "Windows 7 Profile" I have set for this VM.

Where is 52aca658-ff99-e35b-273c-9abb9d8a0d57 defined & how can I edit it?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
lauhub
Contributor
Contributor

Seriously ?

One year after, no answer to this issue ? What is happening in VMWare company ?

I have the same problem, so using a keyboard in a GNU+Linux console is just impossible. Or you need to switch from a keyboard to another

The SSH solution is not always applicable for some reasons so I hope VMWare will do something for this

0 Kudos