VMware Communities
angus4
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to purchase upgrade from Fusion 12 player to Fusion 13 player.

Hi, I have a 10 user license for Fusion 12 Player. I'm unable to purchase an upgrade to Fusion 13 Player. After placing the Fusion 13 Player upgrade in my cart I get directed to the "Customer Connect" window to log on. I log on and enter my Fusion 12 Player license key and get a message that it's invalid. Meanwhile in the License Management window I can see the Fusion 12 Player license.

So anyone else having a problem purchasing the upgrade?

17 Replies
samthecat
Contributor
Contributor

Yep. Me too. 

clemd
Contributor
Contributor

Me three.

0 Kudos
shonef5
Contributor
Contributor

Yes same issue valid Fusion 12 key in my account the upgrade screen shows no valid license to upgrade.......

Loetscher
Contributor
Contributor

Same here.

bkomanet
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Same problem when trying to order Workstation pro 17.  I posted in that discussion board as well.

Called customer service, but the recording told me that VMWare is closed.  Guess they are gone until after the Thanksgiving holiday?  Interesting way of running a business, eh?

"Anybody have an idea what this is?

Unable to place order: checkout not synced

After putting in the payment info when trying to purchase Workstation 17 and Fusion 13, and agreed, I get this strange error.  It doesn't matter what operating system, browser or credit card number is applied, it never works.  I've tried over 20 different combinations, including turning off all browser security and allowing pop-ups."

clemd
Contributor
Contributor

I followed the phone tree a couple of times, and tried the support robot several times - and they all lead to dead ends. Hate to say I'm considering Parallels after 10 years or so but the thought has definitely crossed my mind. Without an enterprise account or paid plan, sales and tech support has always been basically, "Try your luck on our mostly-unmonitored forums."

0 Kudos
angus4
Contributor
Contributor

It was most likely a monumental effort to get to the release. The team probably needs a well deserved rest. I'm content to wait until after the holiday before trying to purchase. 

JoelMKatz
Contributor
Contributor

I encountered the same thing as the rest of you and started looking into the conditions for the Upgrade. If I'm reading correctly, the Upgrade is only available to people who purchased support, unlike the way that it used to be. I placed an order to purchase the full copy and made sure to add on Basic Support this time so I don't have this problem next year. If I'm misinterpreting, then I paid too much for my upgrade.

Interestingly, my Linux virtual machines are working fine, but I can't get any of my Windows virtual machines to work.

0 Kudos
bkomanet
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I think you paid too much.  The support plan is for free upgrades to major versions released.  So, if you buy 1 year of support, and there is another major release (ex: 18) during that time, you'd get the full version for free.  There is nothing in the service agreement that says you can only pay for upgrades if you buy a maintenance agreement - not that I can find.

0 Kudos
bkomanet
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Parallels is a subscription service.  If you stop paying it stops working.  I had Parallels as a secondary virtualization option, but the moment they changed to a service, I cancelled.  I HATE SAS.

0 Kudos
bkomanet
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Here is what they told me to do today via email

Thank you for contacting VMware Customer Support. My name is Sofía from the Online Store Support team and I have been assigned to work on your Support Request #. Nice to meet you.

We are diligently working to solve the errors present on our system after the change on our store's source code. Our apologies for the inconveniences this has caused with the ordering process.

Please follow these next troubleshooting steps:

Important. Once at checkout make sure the 'terms and conditions' box is being checked out and confirm the billing address matches the one on your bank account.

If the issue persists, please help me with the license keys to upgrade, date/time stamps of your last order attempt, and if possible, a screen recording (video) of the ordering process.

Looking forward to your response.

0 Kudos
clemd
Contributor
Contributor

Parallels also has a outright purchase price option ($129, though currently on sale for $97.49)

0 Kudos
bkomanet
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've used parallels for a long time since they first were established as a company - not as reliable as Virtualbox.  Might as well get that one for free.

0 Kudos
bkomanet
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMWare is now working with me on this problem and have told me that it is a problem on their end.  I have done a number of tests which they asked me to execute, with no changes.

They said that you don't need a subscription to upgrade.  The subscription is only for on-line/phone support and getting free version upgrades if one is made available during your service contract.

Just FYI

0 Kudos
clemd
Contributor
Contributor

Whenever support asks you to clear your cookies as part of their troubleshooting, you can be sure that the problem is with their systems (source: 30 years of web development).

ellibtwo1
Contributor
Contributor

Ditto. My license key is just fine and it is being rejected too.

0 Kudos
clemd
Contributor
Contributor

FWIW, I was finally able to purchase an upgrade a few days ago. After adding to cart, the site had me log in and suddenly/finally my previous v12 license key showed up.