VMware Communities
manny_perez
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to create custom network on Fusion Pro 12.1.2 and Big Sur 11.5.1

Hi,

I'm trying to create custom network through "VMWare Fusion > Preferences > Network (tab)", after adding a custom network I click "Apply" button, it seems that it worked because the new custom network appeared under the Custom list and nothing happened after that, but when I closed the dialog box,  it prompted me "Would you like to apply your changes before closing the Network Preferences pane?" even though I've already clicked the "Apply" button before. (see screenshot)

manny_perez_1-1629240061949.png

From the prompt/dialog box, I clicked the "Apply" button and it disappeared, but the Network Preferences pane doesn't close.  If I click the close button it just prompted me the dialog box again.  The only way for me to close the entire pane is to click either "Don't Apply" or "Cancel" but I loose the changes I made.

I hope someone can help me solve this issue.

2 Replies
brownee
Contributor
Contributor

Myself and mutliple colleagues are experiencing the same issue on Big Sur 11.6 and Fusion 12.1.2

0 Kudos
brownee
Contributor
Contributor

This could be an issue if you have VMs that are currently running. After turning off (suspending) all running VMs I was able to add a custom network. I hope this helps OP!

0 Kudos