VMware Communities
bvp663
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unable to control mouse or keyboard on OSX 10.12 VM

I'm running VmWare Fusion 12 on macOS Catalina 10.15.7. I have an old macOS 10.12 VM that I opened inside of the new Fusion Pro. However when the VM boots the cursor can't be controlled and there's a "Bluetooth Keyboard Setup" dialog box on the VM. I have other macOS VMs that I can control with a mouse and keyboard just fine, it's just this specific one that seems to have an issue. Here's what I've tried so far:

• Created different mouse/keyboard profile in Fusion and had the VM use those.
  • Tried to boot into recovery partition to run disk utility and run First Aid (wasn't able to)
  • Deleted .nvram ram file.
  • Tried connecting another USB mouse while the VM was running in hopes I would be prompted to connect it to the VM.

Any other suggestions for getting into this machine? It boots fine, I just can't control it!

Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 7.56.10 PM.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KamenGopin84
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi bvp663​,

Could you please try the instructions in Re: Keyboard & Mouse not working in Yosemite Virtual Machine​ . They may help for your OSX 10.12 VM as well.

Regards,

Kamen

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KamenGopin84
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi bvp663​,

Could you please try the instructions in Re: Keyboard & Mouse not working in Yosemite Virtual Machine​ . They may help for your OSX 10.12 VM as well.

Regards,

Kamen

0 Kudos
bvp663
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That worked great! Can't believe I missed that. Thanks so much!

0 Kudos