VMware Communities
stasra
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to connect to corporate domain

Vmware Fusion 1.1

Mac OS 10.5.2

Guest Machine: XP SP 2

I only know that we recently updated/renewed our internally generated machine-based certificates. These certificates are used to authenticate to our wireless network, but using only ethernet connection at this time. How does one verify current connection being utilized by Fusion? After this change took place, my machine is unable to to connect to our corporate domain. Please advise what can be done to fix this problem.

Begin error message----

Logon Message

Windows cannot connect to the domain, either because the domain controller is down or otherwise unavailable, or because your computer account was not found. Please try again later. If this message continue to appear, contact your system administrator for assistance.

End error message-----

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kristein
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

1) I suggest you to change the network to Bridge mode in Fusion settings and try joining the VM to your local domain

Steps to change the network to Bridge mode

a) Shut down the Virtual Machine

b) Go to VMware settings

c) Select Network

d) Change the network to "Bridge mode" in Fusion network settings

e) Reboot the VM

f) Check now if you are able to join the VM to your local domain

2) If the problem still persists, Assign static IP address as per your network range to the Guest OS (Windows VM)

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I only know that we recently updated/renewed our internally generated machine-based certificates. These certificates are used to authenticate to our wireless network, but using only ethernet connection at this time. How does one verify current connection being utilized by Fusion? After this change took place, my machine is unable to to connect to our corporate domain. Please advise what can be done to fix this problem.

By default, Fusion follows the primary network interface. If you've shut off Airport but have a wired connection, Fusion will use the wired connection. If you unplug the ethernet cable and turn on Airport, Fusion will use wireless. If you have multiple active connections, it's whichever one OS X decides is the primary.

0 Kudos