VMware Communities
barnys
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unable to bridge airport using DHCP.

Hello,

I have posted on this a few times already because I have simply been unable to use bridge networking over the airport and DHCP. It just won't work, and I don't know what else to do.

Following what I have done:

\- Check DHCP server scopes. In the servers that I get logs, I see OFFERs being made to the VM but this never gets it.

\- Bridged using static IPs work perfect.

\- Removed Parallels, removed Fusion, delete all my VMs from the HDD, delete all other network connections and ports, reboot, install Fusion, install new Guest OSs (Windows XP Pro, 2003 Enterprise, Ubuntu, Red Hat 4.0), installed vmware tools, tried again all four and nothing.

\- When I removed everything I also did a search for EVERYTHING and ANYTHING from Vmware and deleted manually Preference directories under the Library.

\- Focused on Windows Pro, and changed the Nic to an "Intel Pro" by adding the following line to the .vmx file, and installing the correct drivers:

ethernet0.virtualDev = "e1000"

\- Tried already 6 different Access Points, from cheap $40 ones to higher end models costing thousands of dollars.

I am simply stomped by this. I don't know what else to do, and if I can post any logs here of whatever I am requested, or who knows. This is the ONLY feature that is stopping me from putting aside my Parallels, because this works perfect under Parallels.

What do I do? Suggestions?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
barnys
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PLEASE DISREGARD THIS ONE, I POSTED TWICE BY ACCIDENT!

0 Kudos