VMware Communities
Lorpoce
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unable to boot Linux since 5.0.2

Hello,

Since the last update of VMware, I can't launch any version of Linux : Fedora, Ubuntu...
When the OS boots, VMware show this message :
"VMware Fusion has encountered an error and has shut down Windows." (Windows ??!!)
"Click Restart Windows to restart Windows. Click Report to collect data and seek support VMware."
Any idea ?
Thanks for the help !
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Lorpoce, and welcome to the VMware Communities!

If you are running a mid-2012 MacBook Pro with the latest Apple updates, you'll likely encounter crashes unless you disable 3D graphics: With your VM powered off, go into the Virtual Machine > Settings, then choose Display, and turn off the Accelerate 3D Graphics option.  If you only run Windows VMs, you also have the option of reverting to Fusion 5.0.1.

We're busily investigating the issue, which only arose with the release of Apple's MacBook Air and MacBook Pro Update 2.0 late last week.  Sorry for the trouble!

--

Darius

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Lorpoce, and welcome to the VMware Communities!

If you are running a mid-2012 MacBook Pro with the latest Apple updates, you'll likely encounter crashes unless you disable 3D graphics: With your VM powered off, go into the Virtual Machine > Settings, then choose Display, and turn off the Accelerate 3D Graphics option.  If you only run Windows VMs, you also have the option of reverting to Fusion 5.0.1.

We're busily investigating the issue, which only arose with the release of Apple's MacBook Air and MacBook Pro Update 2.0 late last week.  Sorry for the trouble!

--

Darius

0 Kudos
Lorpoce
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Woooow thanks a lot for your quick answer !

0 Kudos
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

No worries.  And I just realized that my hastily cut-and-pasted answer nonsensically gave you advice for "If you only run Windows VMs" when you already said quite clearly that you're using Linux.  Sorry!  At least that information will be there for anyone else who finds this thread...

Cheers,

--

Darius

0 Kudos