VMware Communities
jarrod007
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to Update Clean Win 7 Pro 64bit on Fusion 3.1.3

I have the latest version of Snow Leapord on a 2011 MBP.

With a clean install of Win 7 Pro 64Bit using Fusion 3.1.3 I am unable to upply all the updates or install IE9. Using an older image that has all the updates except for SP1 installed I am unable to install SP1 or IE9.

Is this a known problem?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
jarrod007
Contributor
Contributor

Is the solution to wait for the next version of Fusion? How do I get support? Did my support end 30 days after buying the product?

As I am sure you all can appreciate this is a very frustrating situation as I am unable to use the my setup as intended. I am forced to use BootCamp.

Is there any other information I can provide that may assist somone?

0 Kudos
Mikero
Community Manager
Community Manager

SP1 and IE9 should work.  I don't believe that IE9 performs as well as one would expect due to the GPU stuff they do now, but it should at least work.  (it performs better if you disable Aero by switching to a Windows Basic or Classic theme)

I have SP1 installed in Win7 without issues (both from the start and from upgrading a non-SP1 version of Win7).

What errors are you getting when trying to update?

Regarding Support, you get 18 months of complimentary email support.

You can find more about that by starting here:

http://www.vmware.com/go/fusionhelp

You're also welcome to call us at 1.877.486.9273, Option 4 for Desktop Support.

-
Michael Roy - Product Marketing Engineer: VCF
0 Kudos
jarrod007
Contributor
Contributor

I only get errors in Windows. The best I can collect is the following from Windows Update:

Code 80070057

Code 80070002

These two errors are displayed when trying to update a fresh install, it seems to be related to security patches.

Unfortunately I have given up and will try again once a new version of Fusion has been released, assuming the upgrade price is reasonable.

0 Kudos
Boondoggle
Contributor
Contributor

This is an issue with your environment / config, I'm not seeing any problems updating Win 7 Pro or Ultimate 64 on Fusion 3.1.3.

0 Kudos