VMware Communities
daHunter
Contributor
Contributor

Ubuntu unity crashes Fusion when saving state Part Deux

I'm having almost exactly the same problem as VirtualMachin (see this post http://communities.vmware.com/message/2102619#2102619)...except that I'm using VMWare Fusion 5 and OSX 10.7.5.  Fusion 5 was saving my Ubuntu (12.04) guest machines state and, like with VirtualMachin, almost finished when it crashed. Same deal...I had to force quit (and clean up all the other processes of vmwares) before I could start up the Ubuntu guest again. Crash repeats everytime unless...I disable hardware acceleration in the Fusion 5 settings. Without hardware acceleration, I can start up , save state, and restore state as many times as I like. Turn on hardware acceleration and I'm back to crashing. 

I'd been using hardware acceleration for a long time now (okay, since Fusion 4) without trouble so I think Ubuntu updates broke it. But I'd like to get the hardware acceleration back.

Anyone else seeing this problem?

Note: I posted this same question to the end of VirtualMachin's discussion but wasn't sure it would be seen since it was "Answered"...sorry if it ends up in multiples

0 Kudos
0 Replies