VMware Communities
XaRz
Contributor
Contributor

Ubuntu 14.04 with static ip guest in Fusion 7.1 drops the access from the host (Mac) after a minuts of booting

Hi,

I'm having disconections from the host to guest after a few interactions from the host browser. My setup:

MacOsX Yosemite with Fusion 7.1

Ubuntu 14.04 guest with odoo 8

Static ip setup (modifyng the dhcpd.conf in vmnet8 folder)

Vmtools installed manually with success

Sintoms:

• After booting, I start using the odoo from the chrome mac browser thought hostname or static ip.
  • After a while, the odoo page shows a Codi d'error: ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Testing things:

Doing a ping from the host to guest static ip works perfect, but the http request gets refused.

From the guest browser I can access to odoo, but not from host browser.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
geekzero
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have 14.04 running fine in VMWare Fusion on Yosemite, I didn't change anything in the vmnet folders though.  I have Bridged networking defined in the VM settings, and in the file

/etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/Wired connection 1

I put the network configuration I wanted with static IP, netmask, gateway, DNS servers spelled out.  Here I've changed the actual values of course but this is what mine looks like:

[ipv4]

method=manual

dns=10.10.10.100;10.10.10.101;10.10.10.102;

dns-search=example.com;

address1=10.10.10.201/24,10.10.10.1

In the above example 10.10.10.201 is the client IP address, 10.10.10.1 is the default gateway.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Please attach your vmware.log file as found in the Virtual Machine's folder to a reply in this thread.

Use the browse button in the advanced editor to attach files.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos