VMware Communities
Geoffrey84
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

USB Joystick not recognised Fusion 13.5.0 Windows 11 x64 ARM guest

With the latest VMware Tools (12.3.0 - thanks for the tip, Technogeezer!) I was finally able to run IL-2 Sturmovik 1946, a DirectX 8 Windows aviation simulator, in a VMware Windows 11 x64 ARM (MacBook Pro M2 Max Host macOS Sonoma host) virtual machine.  The frame rates at 1920 x 1080 resolution are comparable to that in Parallels Desktop 19.0, however I cannot for the life of me get the USB Logitech joystick to connect.  In Parallels Desktop (and CrossOver 23.6.0) the joystick is recognised immediately once plugged in, and drivers are automatically installed by Windows to enable calibration.  

In the Fusion virtual machine no matter which USB plug I try, either connected to an external display or to the MacBook Pro itself, the joystick isn't being shown in the Settings panel.  Has anyone had any luck with USB devices that weren't automatically recognised by the virtual machine, perhaps by modifying a Fusion configuration file?  Other USB accessories, such as external hard drives or DVD players, are listed and available once plugged in (although the external hard disk formatted in APFS doesn't display in File Explorer).

In addition, shared folders are still not supported between my virtual machine and the macOS Sonoma host in Fusion 13.5.0.  Am I missing something?  Should I start again from scratch (the original Windows 11 ARM VM was created in the Tech Preview version).  And DirectX 12 support?  Wasn't that mentioned as a new feature in the release version made available today?  I'm also still missing a few hardware entries under System Devices.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
palter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@Geoffrey84 wrote:

In addition, shared folders are still not supported between my virtual machine and the macOS Sonoma host in Fusion 13.5.0.  Am I missing something?  Should I start again from scratch (the original Windows 11 ARM VM was created in the Tech Preview version).  And DirectX 12 support?  Wasn't that mentioned as a new feature in the release version made available today?  I'm also still missing a few hardware entries under System Devices.

@Mikero  said that VMware is working on DirectX 12 support. He did not say that it was coming in this release.

Mac mini (M2 Pro/32GB/2TB), Intel NUC10i5FNH w/ESXi 7.0,
iPhone 15 Pro Max (256GB), iPad Pro 12.9" (5th gen, M1/16GB/1TB)
41mm Watch Series 9 (Aluminum), TV 4K (3rd gen), TV 4K (1st gen)
0 Kudos