VMware Communities
Arjay37
Contributor
Contributor

USB Connections

I am using the latest upgrade of VMware Fusion on an iMac with Windows XP. Up until yesterday Windows recognised my USB connection to HotSync my Palm m515. It has now failed and although have tried all USB Ports on the actual iMac and a powered USB accessory hub the connection is not recognised.

I have two printers and a Scanner connected and they are recognised by a ' gong ' type sound when connecting and disconnecting - unfortunately nothing with the USB cable for the Palm. I have purchased a new cable but no luck. Fortunately I have retained my other Windows (straight PC) and the cable works with it and I was able to perform the HotSync.

Could this be a Windows problem or some setting change needed in Fusion. When I check the USB in the 'Virtual Machine' drop down it shows the other devices but not the Palm Hanheld.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated - it is a bit awkward going back to the old machine to perform a task that for some reason has just stopped. The last HotSync I successfully completed was September 11th.

0 Kudos
0 Replies