VMware Communities
JDMart
Contributor
Contributor

Trying to Refresh (re-install) Fusion7

I'm running Mac OSX 10.14.5 Mojave and had VMware Fusion7 installed.

Tonight, my Mac would not open Fusion7 stating it had become corrupt and to delete it and reinstall it.
So I deleted it, came to my account here, went to my purchases and was able to download '7'.

But after many tries, once the 'initialise' screen comes up, it quits!
I saw though that it is showing in my Finder Sidebar as an ejectable drive so tried loading it from there without success.
Frustrated I came back here to try an earlier version, thinking I could probably 'upgrade' later and that Fusion5.0.5 may be less complex and easier for my computer to install - but no, this also quits on Initialise.
I use this program to access Windows7 on my computer.

I know these number may seem terribly 'old' to some of you guys, but as a 73 year-old pensioner, I can't afford to be upgrading every five minutes and dare not upgrade OSX because, as I understand it, the next upgrade goes 32bit and my versions of Adobe Create Suite 4 and Microsoft Office 2008 I believe are 16bit and so will no longer work - and I have absolutely no intention of going to subscription-based models with these companies.

Any thoughts please.
John.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Please start a thread in the area for the product you are using, thread moved to the Fusion area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Note that only Fusion 11.x is supported on Mojave: VMware Knowledge Base

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos