VMware Communities
dafoe
Contributor
Contributor

The CPU has been disabled by the guest operating system!

Hi all,

I'm having trouble installing Windows XP professional on my intel PowerBook via Vmware Fusion. The error I get is: The CPU has been disabled by the guest operating system. Now I've googled the error and gone through some correspondence about this error and no solutions to be found.

Does anyone here know the solution to this problem ?

regards,

Dafoe

0 Kudos
5 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

To confirm, this is Fusion popping up the error? Does OS X still see two cores (check Activity Monitor)? Please attach the .log files (see : Where to Find Things).

0 Kudos
dafoe
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Etung,

Yes this is Vmware Fusion giving me this error when entering windows xp professional setup, it appears 2 seconds after I start a newly created virtual machine. The activity monitor gives me stats for both cores, I've also attached the vmware.log.

thx,

dafoe

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Can you try with some other guest (e.g. some Linux live CD)? I believe the error is basically saying the guest OS decided to shut down (for whatever reason known only to itself). This isn't an OEM CD, right?

0 Kudos
dafoe
Contributor
Contributor

I'm using an .iso file to install windows xp. I've just now successfully installed ubuntu using an .iso file. This is very weird!

regards,

dafoe

0 Kudos
EmmEff
Contributor
Contributor

I am getting reports from my users of the same message coming from Ubuntu Linux 7.04 and 7.10 based virtual appliances (not just on Fusion, but also Server and Player). Any further developments on this? It's happening too frequently for it to be an anomaly. Thanks.

0 Kudos