VMware Communities
losfrijoles
Contributor
Contributor

Switching between guest and host hangs computer

I am running VMWare Fusion 5.0.3 on an Late 2012 27-inch iMac with a 3.4Ghz Core i7 and 16Gb RAM running OS X 10.8.4. The guest is 64-bit Windows 7.

Here is my problem: If I stay in the guest OS for any length of time say, over a 5 minutes, when I switch back to the OS X side of things, the entire computer hangs (freezes, stops doing anything, etc) for up to a minute. The performance monitor on the mac side says nothing is happening during this time once the computer un-freezes. This hanging is starting to get extremely annoying. It didn't used to happen on the older computer I used to use which ran OS X 10.7.something and had only 12Gb ram. I have 2 cores and 4Gb of RAM allocated to the windows 7 guest (used to be 4 cores and 6Gb of RAM...I thought that might be the issue, so I reduced it to no avail).

Does anyone have any idea what might cause the entire system to hang switching between the systems?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I can't reproduce this in my machine, could you pls help collect and upload Fusion support bundle when you encounter this problem?

Support bundle can be collected from Fusion menu: Help -> Collect Support Information.

And if you can take a screen recording about the problem,  that will be great helpful. QuickTime Player can be used to take a screen recording.

Thx a lot.

0 Kudos