VMware Communities
JMprod
Contributor
Contributor

Support

Tried to report a bug.

Screenshot 2020-12-15 at 10.46.15.png

Did not see the product listed, so tried to read the article it wants me to read. When pressing the link: Article not found.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JMprod
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@JMprod 

Have you searched here for the "bug" to see if others have already discussed it?

Maybe post more details of what it is...?

I believe Fusion support is a subscription for companies with 10 or more licenses (I may be wrong on this)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
JMprod
Contributor
Contributor

...as you work for VMware, maybe it's a good idea to report that the article maybe explaining that there is no support or possibility to report a bug; is missing?

Or is it possible to tag someone who could/should look into it?

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

I just looked at this, and it indeed seems that the KB article number itself is correct, but the link is buggy, i.e. "...?plainview=true" doesn't work.

You can access the KB article at https://kb.vmware.com/kb/2009213

André

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@JMprod 

While I am indeed an employee, that does not mean I know who to contact to have this resolved - if that was a possible course of action I would have pro-actively done that on your behalf.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

I used the "Feedback" option in MyVMware to report this issue, and think that the responsible team will take a look into this.

André

0 Kudos
JMprod
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, thanks.

General feedback:

It seems like some of the issues with VMware could be greatly improved with better documentation and some formal user community interaction. Some tech-companies even have their CEO active on forums. I'm not a manager at VMware and it's not my business, but I would guess that the fusion software would greatly improve with some level of interaction and developer follow-up from the development team with the users in the community forum.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@JMprod 

The Product Manager for Fusion and Workstation is a regular within the VMTN forums, as are some of the development team.

0 Kudos