VMware Communities
Wally_Mac
Contributor
Contributor

Staying With Parallels For Now

I think that VMware Fusion is going to be a great product, and if the predicted features & functions are finalized, and, once the current beta issues are resolved... Fusion will be terrific.

I fully appreciate that Fusion is still in beta, but Parallels has proven to be far more viable, reliable, functional and stable for me. I'm not a big gamer and my use of Windows (on my Mac) is limited to a handful of specific applications that are more convenient (for me) in Windows.

Although Parallels does seem to need/use more memory and CPU, and currently it does not support the dual processors.... Fusion’s problematic mouse response, lack of dual monitor support in Unity mode, no support for the CD/DVD eject keyboard button, cumbersome network connectivity, non-existent printer setup/operations, poor graphics refreshing, and general instabilities have me convinced that Parallels is currently the best solution for me; at least for now.

We'll see what the future holds.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
HPReg
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Wally_Mac,

Sorry to hear that you have hit every single one of these problems with VMware Fusion.

Thanks to you and others in this forum for making us aware of these (we do a LOT of testing internally, but obviously we are not able to test all hardware combinations).

We are working hard at addressing all these issues in future versions of the product, hoping to win your vote back.

Wally_Mac
Contributor
Contributor

HPReg,

So as not to be misunderstood, I am purchasing a copy of VMware Fusion, but given some of the current issues/problems, I need to stick with the alternative until some of those glitches are fixed.

Given that Fusion is still in Beta, I am confident that unless you're hitting a brick wall in any of the needed features/functions... Fusion will be a great product!! Parallels has been around for 3+ released versions and even now, it has several significant issues. Fusion's current functionality far surpasses the early capabilities of Parallels, and I'm rather hoping that Fusion will quickly evolve to the lead position.

The lower CPU/resource usage, faster loads, far better user support, and VMware's expertise make Fusion a sentimental favorite (currently underdog) for me.

Keep up the great work.

Regards,

Wally..

0 Kudos